Tuesday, August 26, 2008

grilled peppers stuffed with cream cheese

These are pretty much exactly what the title says - grilled peppers stuffed with cream cheese. I have peppers growing in the garden - they are shaped like Anaheims - but are not nearly as hot (they are a little hot). I took 4 peppers, cut off the tops, used a paring knife to remove the seeds, and stuffed them full of cream cheese. I used a knife to get the cream cheese started and them shoved it in with the back of a chopstick. I didn't fill them as full as I could have - and, in hindsight, they would be good stuffed full.

I threw the stuffed peppers on a grill at the same time I put on steaks - I turned the peppers when I turned the steaks. They were roasted, a bit charred, and very tasty. They were a bit fragile as hot cream cheese came out the top when I moved them.

No comments: