Sunday, February 25, 2007

Challa Burgers

Obviously, if you don't have any challa, you can use any other buns - but it is really good with the challa described here

Here is what I do for burgers. It's not rocket science - but it works for me.

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef - I use at least 93/7 to keep the burgers from being greasy -
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Combine the beef, sauce, and garlic powder (this is the only place I use garlic powder instead of garlic - it distributes throught the beef more evenly), knead to distribute evenly, and form into patties. I do this my mounding all of the beef on a cutting board, making a well in the center and adding the sauce and powder - that way I don't get another bowl dirty.

I usually cook the burgers on a grill pan over a medium flame - about 5 minutes on the first side, turning only once (this is important), and the longer on the other side until done (I check with a thermometer)

No comments: