Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Teriyaki Chicken

This recipe is from Recipezaar:
http://www.recipezaar.com/23418

It was really good - and easy!

23 min 8 min prep
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  1. Mix all marinade ingredients in shallow dish.
  2. Place chicken in marinade and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours. (20 minutes for me!)
  3. Preheat broiler.
  4. Broil chicken 5 inches from heat for about 15 minutes, turning and basting with marinade often.
I pounded the chicken breads to a bit less than 1/2 an inch thick so they would cook more quickly and easily (I wrapped the chicken breasts in wax paper and walloped them with a rolling pin)

I reduced the extra marinade by boiling it for a few minutes until it thickened. The pan was a mess but the sauce was good. I served this with steamed edamame beans and white rice.

No comments: