Thursday, May 3, 2007

Pasta Maker!

I found a new manual pasta maker at a flea market - it has lots of attachments. I tries making fettuccine and ravioli. The first time, I made the dough too wet. The fettuccine didn't really separate - and the ravioli was a disaster - it rolled back up in the roller and was very gooey. The fettuccine worked pretty well. Here is the recipe I used:

4Cs flour and 4 eggs, 1.5 T olive oil - with everything thrown in a food processor and pulsed until it started to get sticky enough to form into a ball. I added drops of water until it seems stick enough - but I used too much water.

I tried again without the food processor - this time I used 1C flour, 1 egg (beaten), and about 3/4T of olive - and no water at first. I made a mound of flour, made a well, put the egg in the well, mixed with a fork, etc.. Eventually the mix became a dough, I added about a T of water - tsp at a time - the dough was much drier, but it did hold together. It was harder to get it started in the roller, but the noodles were much better. Yum!

No comments: